Wow incredible, this is the second award I received this month! I’m really happy that my followers like my blog and my posts! I really want to thank everyone for liking and especially commenting on my articles: from the comments I can really tell that you are interested in what I write 😀 And an even bigger thank to Image Earth Travel that nominated me! Have a look at her blog too, she shares a lot of nice stories about her travels and she is also quite unlucky with planes ahah thanks very much again :3
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
An award given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the blogger you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated
Questions For Me
- Why did you start a blog?
I started a blog just to train my English skills during high school because my english teacher always found a chance to tell us that our english sucked so I wanted to show myself that I was capable. I am not very good at writing poems or stories so I decided to write about my travels, I did not know my blog turned out as a big passion of mine and I am happy it did.
2. What amazing countries have you seen?
Ohh I loved every country I visited because every place has something different and special but I must say I left my heart in Japan. It was the dream of my life a trip there and Japan did not disappoint me at all! Another lovely country I visited and I liked very much is Czech Republic with its enchanting capital Prague and many other small fairytale towns. But anyway I am still young (just 20 years old) and I’m sure I will have many other chances to travel to many other countries that will reward me with unforgettable experiences.
3. Why do you travel?
Why eh?! Such a tough question…there are myriad of resons why I travel. First of all I travel because I love different cultures; while travelling you understand that humans are all the same. No matters what traditions, monuments or habits you face during your travels, they all look alike. Instead of highlighting the differences, we should highlight the similiarities between us. Another reason is that travelling makes me forget about my boring daily university life, everytime I go on a trip, it is like I go to another world. And then I just travel because I like travelling itself: it is just beautiful to see the world, experiencing various lifestyles, meet new people…travelling is the best!
4. Who has been your biggest inspiration in your life and why?
Who? I would say my grandmothers. They are an important part of my life because they looked after me when I was a child while my parents worked all day long, so they are like extra parents for me. One of my grandmothers is very kind, nice and generous, she taught me to be like her and helps the others instead of harming them; even in the worst situation, you should never treat others badly. The other grandmother is the opposite, not that she is evil , she is very cute and nice too but she always tells me to try to react to everything that happens to me during my life, never submit to others as she did in her life. I learnt from both of them, I think it is well balanced ahah
5. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever experienced?
I do not know what this “wild” exactly means but I am not that kind of person that likes extreme things like Bungee Jumping or trying parachuting so for me already using a plan is a wild thing ahah
6. What would be your dream job?
Even in my childhood I have never had dream jobs, you know many children always say: hey mommy, I want to become a…doctor/space explorer/singer etc I have never been interested in anything (such a bad child ahah). My first idea of ideal work was anything that had to do with languages so I discovered the simultaneous translator but then, I gave up on the idea, it was impossible to reach such high position and the university was too expensive so now I have none. What I planned with my boyfriend is to be a nomadic traveller, living the day, working just in order to reach the amount of money that allows us to travel in various places, never stop, keep on travelling.
7. Your favourite read?
I have a couple of books that I really liked, it is quite hard to decide….I would say “A Thousdand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini. That book is sooo saddd! It really moved my heart in some parts and made me understand the struggles many people all around the world have to go through! Sometimes you do not even know the existence of such countries but they are there and the people living there struggle everyday….maybe they are even happier than us, us that have everything compared to them. It is also a good insight into the muslim culture as the author himself was born and raised in Kabul, Afghanistan, and then moved to the USA. He explains very well the culture and gives some information about the history of the country too.
8. The scariest moment in your life?
The scariest moment of my life is definitely during my flight back from Japan to Italy when the plane was shaking so much that even the coffee spilled out. I think this shaking was due to a typhoon or something like that. It was my first long haul flight and scared me to death! I think I was going to die and I could no calm myself but after a while I started watching a movie and the plane stopped shaking. Unfortunately it started again after one hour and woke me up (my head was moving and it was quite painful). In the end I survived ahah
9. Your deepest regret?
I am still young so I really do not know if I had regrets in my life…I would say attending an italian university instead of attending a university abroad. I was terribly afraid of the change that I preferred a closer place where I would attend university. Furthermore my parents could not pay so much to allow me to go abroad therefore I decided to stay in Italy even if the university here is more like a prison: you just study, no extra activities, no scolarship because of the lack of money, nothing very interesting from my point of view.
10. The most memorable experience in your life?
The trip to Japan! I already mentioned this in the previous questions but I cannot stop mentoning it again xD It was my first time embarking on a long flight (Milan Dubai/Dubai Tokyo – Osaka Dubai/Dubai Milan), I could experience the weird city of Dubai (it is like being on another world there, everything is very futuristic) and see the place of my dreams, that is to say Japan. Japan is a parallel world, totally different, that changed me very much. I am a girl coming from a small village located near a small city, for me such experience was something very important, I could enlarge my horizons and see the world.
- Sue’s Fabulous Travels – Very nice blog mainly about China and surrounding countries but also articles about other themes like restaurants and food.
- Gypsy Bus28 – A blog really about everything like beauty, travels (I mainly follow travel blogs), food and life.
- On the trail of my curiosity – Beautiful photos and articles about many places in Poland (I was searching for Poland when I found this blog out) so a perfect place if you want to know more about this country. There are also other articles about different places, too, like Portugal or Germany.
- Weekend Adventures – Wonderful photos of the visited places and a lot of suggestions and advices about the places the blogger travelled to.
- Sweet Jini – A very cute blog about life and one day trips
- The Finicky Cinic – Another interesting blog I follow: she published a lot of articles about travelling but she also writes about other things regarding lifestyles and personal opinions. Very inspiring blog.
- The World Is a Book – Another inspiring blog that is about a wide range of themes, she often shares her thoughts, photos and travels.
- Pirate Patty – A very good website about books, she always reviews and give her opinions about various books. If you are a bookaholic this is your website.
- Where in the world is Riccardo? – This blog always publishes very interesting articles about the places he visited. He is travelling around the globe on a boat so he mainly writes about islands, currently he is visiting Greece.
- Canto Gweilo – A good place to learn Cantonese even if it is still under development, it already offers good insight into this less known version of Chinese language.
- The Velvet Rocket – On this website you will find the weirdest places on earth such as North Korea, Transnistria, Somaliland (I guess you have never heard of these places,eh?!). Furthermore the articles are very good and offers a good insight into the life and politics of these countries.
Questions For The Nominees
- What is the biggest decision you have made in your life?
- What is or was your biggest dream?
- What is or was your dream travel?
- What is/are the best country/countries you have visited?
- What would you do to improve the world?
- Who has/have been your biggest inspirations in life?
- Where do you find the inspiration to write everyday on your blog?
- What is/are the book/s that you liked the most?
- What is the happiest moment in your life?
- What is the saddest moment in your life?
The award is quite engaging, it took much for me to write too, so if you do not want to do it, don’t worry 😉 For me it was a big pleasure, I am always happy when people nominate me 😀 A big bunch of thanks to everyone who follows my blog again!